Aggie Desktop is a partnership between four large campus units:
- College of Engineering
- College of Letters and Science
- College of Environmental and Agricultural Sciences
- Finance, Operations & Administration
- Information and Educational Technology
The mix of academic and administrative organizations ensures that Aggie Desktop meets a broad range of needs across the campus.
Each of the partner organizations is contributing staff and funding to develop Aggie Desktop in an agile, collaborative way.
The goals of our partnership are:
- Improve the end-user experience.
- Reduce duplicate effort & infrastructure.
- Lower costs for delivering desktop computing.
- Deliver ready & reliable access to the tools & data UC Davis affiliates need to get work done.
While Aggie Desktop services are initially developed and tested by the partner organizations, we release production services for use by any campus department, allowing departments to use just the services they need without sacrificing flexibility.